Level Up Weekly: Success Strategy
3 Ideas, 3 Quotes and 3 Questions (August 16, 2020)
Every Sunday, I share 3 ideas from me, 3 quotes from others and 3 questions for you to ponder. The information I share is to help you to be intentional towards what you want to experience today and in the week ahead.
I recommend that you use a journal or notebook to write down the thoughts and feelings that you experience each time that you read a Level Up Weekly post. It will help you to develop self awareness which is the catalyst for positive change.
The Level Up Weekly Note
When it comes down to the achievement of your goals, it is important to schedule time to assess where you are compared to where you want to be and identify how you can improve your personal effectiveness to achieve your desired level of success.
You may be gifted at creating small-victories on the fly and for the short-term that gives you the adrenaline rush that keeps you hustling and grinding for that next small win. However, if you want to create a foundation of sustainable success, you must end your resistance to planning and begin to leverage your time, focus and effort in a productive manner that helps you achieve success that benefits you in the short- and long-term. You don’t have to over-plan, but you want to have clarity of vision, strategy and execution to reach your desired destination.
If you believe that working hard in and of itself is going to position you to achieve the success you desire, then you are expecting your success to occur because of happenstance.
3 Ideas from Me
1. Hope is not a strategy to bet on when it comes to taking an idea or dream and making it a reality. You can't hope someone will notice your hard work without being deliberate about building a personal brand that helps you to stand out.
2. If you are not able to consistently deliver results over and above what is expected of you by your organization or business customers, a competitor who is willing to do so can take advantage of this opportunity by demonstrating they will go over and above.
3. Developing and nurturing relationships with key decision makers or people who are in the circle of key decision makers in the workplace and market place is key to making progress and building momentum towards your professional and business goals.
3 Quotes from Others
1. Strategy is about setting yourself apart from the competition. It’s not a matter of being better at what you do – it’s a matter of being different at what you do.” Michael Porter
2. “Success is 20% skills and 80% strategy. You might know how to succeed, but more importantly, what’s your plan to succeed?” Jim Rohn
3. “Always start at the end before you begin.” Robert Kiyosaki
3 Questions to Ponder
1. When you created a major change in the past, what actions and conditions led to that change?
2. How might you create similar conditions to approach this change taking place today?
3. What are the strengths and skills that you can leverage in order to contribute most effectively towards navigating this current change with success?